Always Accepting New Registrations!
Click to Download Schedule & Forms Here:
Online registration is also available.
Gift certificates available – call or email for details on giving the gift of dance!
NEW STUDENTS – sign up now for a complimentary class and ask about our 20% discount.
Class fees are monthly, and we highly recommend our parents participate in our convenient auto-pay program to simplify the payment process.
For families not participating in our auto-pay program, please note that payments are due by the 5th of each month, after which a $15.00 late fee will be charged.
For more information on joining our Berkshire Ballet Theatre pre-professional dance company or our SDC competition teams, please visit
Dance Company Information or
Competition Team Information.
Open Division Class Descriptions
**All levels are based on ability and/or prior dance training**
- STARR IS BORN – Ages 18 months to 3 years: This 45 minute class will help your child learn to focus, follow instructions, socialize with others and increase their attention span.
ROTATIONAL CLASSES – Expose your dancer to 3 different forms of dance, focusing on one dance style each week. Ballet, Tap, and Jazz are rotated weekly so the students received a full class in one genre while still taking three different styles of dance throughout the year.
- RISING STARR – Ages 3-5 years. A 45 minute class to include warm-ups and instructional steps combined with children’s songs to reinforce what was taught. Counting, learning “left” from “right”, and sequences/patterns in choreography are incorporated for a complete educational dance experience.
- FUSION 1 & 2 – Ages 5-7 years: This 55 minute class will teach proper warm ups, introduce technically correct beginning level dance steps incorporating children’s popular music to develop coordination, grace and confidence. Learn to count music and perform in 3 dance styles!
- FUSION 3 & 4 – Ages 7- 9 years: This 55 minute class will introduce more advanced warm ups and steps, and work on combining counting and dance steps into accurately and technically correct choreography. Learn to dance and excel in 3 dance forms!
- FUSION 5 & 6 – Ages 9-11 years: This 55 minute class will teach intermediate and advanced skills in all 3 genres with great smiles and solid stage presentation. Technical proficiency and transitions in movements will make your dancer glide across the stage.
ROTATIONAL CLASSES With Tumbling – Our popular Rising Starr and Fusion 1 & 2 classes are also offered with a tumbling option. This extended time class allows students to learn tumbling in addition to Ballet, Tap, and Jazz on a weekly basis.
EXTREME JAZZ & HIP HOP – Classes use jazz techniques for turns, alignment and choreography and combine it with fun and current hip hop moves and the latest styles to create a one of a kind class! Your dancer will learn the best of both genres!
- EX JAZZ & HIP HOP 1 & 2 – Ages 6 and up. This 55 minute class is a great way to learn the basics of both Jazz Dance & Hip Hop skills.
- EX JAZZ & HIP HOP 2 & 3 – Ages 8 and up. This 55 minute class takes you to the next level of progressive movement.
- EX JAZZ & HIP HOP 3 & 4 – Ages 12 and up. A 55 minute class. Intermediate choreography is taught as a smooth combination to create mini music video combinations.
HIP HOP – Our Hip Hop Only offerings bring your dancer the latest moves in these fun, energetic classes!
- HIP HOP – Ages 8 and Up: Great for boys or girls! A 1 hour class where stretches and warm ups are fast-paced.
- HIP HOP ADVANCED – Instructor Recommended: Great for boys or girls! A 1 hour class taking your dancer to the next level of movement.
AERIAL DANCE –Explore dance in 3 dimensions, using silks to ascend and “fly” in new and creative bodily designs.
- AERIAL DANCE 1– For the Beginner. A 1 hour class to include warm ups, Silk Work and conditioning.
- AERIAL DANCE 2 – For the non-Beginner. A 1 hour class to include warm ups, Silk Work and conditioning.
- AERIAL DANCE 3 – For our Advanced students. A 1 hour class to perfect technique and acquire additional skill levels.
BALLET TECHNIQUE – All Ballet Technique classes require formal dance attire. Classes incorporate correct training, teaching correct ballet technique, vocabulary and body alignment. A “must have” class to create grace, poise and confidence. Popular with ice skaters and gymnasts to develop performance technique.
- BALLET TECHNIQUE CLASSES 1 & 2 Ages 5 & Up: A 1 hour and 1/4 class.
- TEEN & ADULT BALLET & LYRICAL – Ages 12 and up. A 1 hour class. Learn technique, terminology and have fun while learning ballet.
ADDITIONAL STUDIO CLASSES OFFERED
- CONTEMPORARY DANCE –A 1 hour class that teaches choreography encompassing a variety of concepts; athletic, emotional and modern.
- LYRICAL 1, 2 or 3 – A 1 hour class where students will learn to perform a dance that interprets the lyrics of their favorite songs.
- OPEN BALLET/CONDITIONING – For the advanced dancer looking to further their growth and continue their dance education. A great class for high school, college, and adult students with classical ballet training. Drop in rates available.
- ADULT TAP – Ages 16 years and up: An hour and a half tap class of fundamentals, choreography and technique offered to those returning to dance or the beginning student who wants to learn the proper method & style in a relaxed adult atmosphere.
- ADULT HIP HOP – Ages 16 years and up: A 1 hour class combining fast paced movements with current songs for an upbeat, energizing class!
Ask about private lessons for your specific needs and goals!